A new year heralds in the return of tax time! Get a jump start on your taxes with free assistance in the local area. Here are some resources to help you file your returns on time:
- City of Beaverton Tax Assistance Program – Offers free tax preparation and filing assistance to low-income Beaverton residents. Review their website to get hours, location details, and information on what you need to bring with you. Last year this program helped file 2,050 tax returns and offered help in six languages. A valuable volunteer project that helps community members!
- Your Local Library – Washington County Cooperative Library Services provides information on their website for filing online, finding tax assistance, and getting tax forms and publications. Some libraries have paper copies of the necessary forms that you can pick up – at others, you can print them for a fee.
- United Way – The United Way provides resources for free tax preparation services for families that may qualify.
- AARP – The AARP offers tax assistance and the opportunity to volunteer to help others prepare their taxes. If you would like to know more about resources for filing your taxes or volunteering your time to help others, check out their website.
- CASH Oregon – Like the AARP, CASH Oregon offers an opportunity for those needing tax help and those wanting to volunteer to help others. CASH Oregon has resources for free tax preparation, filing online, and how to access other tax resources.